Salmon cakes


Tonight's dinner came together in a somewhat eclectic manner. I got home late from a long day of class and meetings so I wanted something quick and easy - so waiting for my frozen salmon filet to thaw was out of the question. But then I remembered that I had a can of salmon in the cupboard, so I decided to make salmon cakes. Here's what I did:

I scraped out the can of salmon into a bowl and added probably around a half cup of crushed Triscuits (the only sort of cracker I had around). Then I added dill, lemon pepper and lime juice to taste. If I had an onion I would have added that too, but they tasted great regardless. Then I whipped an egg and added it to the bowl and mixed everything together. At that point I formed salmon patties and cooked them over medium heat on a skillet coated with oil, a few minutes per side.


For garnishes I steamed some asparagus and served the salmon cakes on a bed of chopped tomato, avocado and more lime juice. Simple, but delicious!

0 comments: