Chicken curry

Tonight's dinner was just for me, and it was a completely improvised chicken curry. I looked at a few recipes online, but I didn't have all of the ingredients for any of them, so I decided to wing it. It's not as spicy as I would have liked, but surprisingly yummy!

Put a quarter of an onion in a pan on medium heat with a dash of vegetable oil, and added one cut up chicken breast. Put in two cloves of garlic and about half a cup of water.

I added all of the spices to taste, because I only had a vague idea what I was doing!

-Lots of tumeric.
-Oregano
-Lemon pepper
-Chili pepper
-Nutmeg
-Cinnamon
-cilantro
-cashews

I put the curry over a Rice a Roni package of brown and wild rice and had some of last night's salad.

I don't know why the picture uploaded sideways! The next time I make curry, I'd like to have some of the ingredients I should have had - tomato sauce or paste or coconut milk, cumin, coriander, etc. But I definitely enjoyed it as is.

0 comments: