My cousin's wedding

This weekend was my cousin's wedding. It definitely qualified as both frugal and awesome! The wedding and reception were held outdoors at my grandpa's house. It was such a beautiful setup! The ceremony's backdrop was his garden, and the only additions were wreaths of flowers arranged around the archway where they were married.

My cousin had ten bridesmaids, including my sister and I and her two sisters. We ordered our dresses online from a Hawaii-based website and they were only $40 each, including shipping! It was a bit crazy getting everyone coordinated, but I know my cousin had a great day.

Her husband is hispanic and his family cooked most of the food for the reception. It was some of the most delicious Mexican food I've ever eaten: tamales, rice, tortilla soup, this amazing pork-and-tomato stuff...My mom contributed a ham and the cake was amazing as well.

The whole event was family-designed from top to bottom, from the homemade table decorations to the music during the reception - my grandfather's rock 'n roll band! What a great weekend!

0 comments: