Baked chicken and veggies, or "Ye Olde Standby"

It finally got cool enough in my apartment that I was able to turn on the oven again, so I made one of my favorite meals: baked chicken breasts and veggies. If I can't think of anything else to make for dinner, this is what I turn to. I almost always have the ingredients on hand.

I forgot to take a picture of it before it was mostly eaten, but I usually make this a few times a month, so hopefully I won't forget next time.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In a 9x13'' pan, place two whole chicken breasts in the middle.

Place these vegetables around them in the pan:
  • 4 red potatoes, chopped
  • 1/2 onion, diced
  • 4 large carrots, chopped
  • 2 sticks celery, chopped
Then I spread just a capfull of vegetable oil on top of the chicken and add salt, pepper and basil to taste.

Cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake for one hour or until chicken is done.

Serve with stuffing or mashed potatoes! It also went great with a bottle of blackberry wine.

0 comments: